Thursday, 3 October 2013

Twitter Avatar Necklaces

At Britmums Live last year I ran up to one blogger to say hi, only to realise she wasn't who I thought she was! Queue slightly embarrassed shuffle back to the group I had been chatting with before. We were all wearing name badges but I realised that where we really know each other is from our twitter avatars. 

I'm pretty recognisable from mine (apart from the fact that the avatar has better hair) but others use a logo or a shot where they are too far away (or too close) to be recognised when seen in real life. This was when I realised that twitter avatars were the perfect size to fit into my resin moulds to make necklaces. 

To show how well they work I've made necklaces for some of my twitter friends who have the problem of not being identifiable; AlongCameCherry has a camera in front of her face, TheMummyAdventure and AdventuresOfADevonMummy use logos, CrazyWithTwins has a picture of her kids, SlummySingleMummy is isn't wearing her glasses and PurpleElla would only be recognisable if she leapt around the room!


I hope to see these lovely ladies sporting their necklaces round Blogfest later this year. If you would like one I can make them (charm only no chain) for £20 plus postage providing you can wait until I've got 5 other orders to do at the same time (they are cheaper if I don't waste resin). Email me for more information - knittymummy at live.co.uk (obviously replacing the at with @, its just done like that to stop the spambots).

Here's a little link from a very happy customer

14 comments:

  1. This is such a brilliant idea and they look amazing! Thanks so much for including mine, I will be wearing it with pride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get the diamond one because otherwise your name would have a metal dot in the middle!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love mine, so much so that I had to find it a chain and wear it immediately. Will be wearing it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you got your instagram pic up rather quickly!

      Delete
  3. Will have to remember this for BritMums next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall make sure I tweet /facebook this post again before then. Want to make sure everyone knows!

      Delete
  4. They are fab, thankfully my avatar is a cartoon version of me so look similar!! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, everyone will be able to recognise you!

      Delete
  5. I remember chatting to you about these at Yeo Valley Kath! They look lovely. What size are they? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a pic of Ella wearing hers here http://instagram.com/p/fAb7POrdAI/

      Delete
  6. these are lovely Kath! I remember you telling me about them at the cocktail night! Such a great idea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - your avatar is you now - would have worked well when you were an illustration

      Delete
  7. These are fabulous, Kath! My avatar is a picture of myself just now, but if I ever change back to a drawing I would totally order one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They also make great gifts - a pic of the grandkids for Granny?

      Delete

Comments make my day..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...