Sunday, 20 October 2013

Day of the Dead

A friend of mine, Sarah Thorp, has recently taken over a gallery in Bristol "Room 212" and converted it from a place where local artists could have a week long residence in to a shop selling all the local artist's work 52 weeks a year. There is also a space behind the shop where she will soon be running classes and workshops, turning it into a creative hub. Its a very exciting time for her.

Sarah with a Day of the Dead Owl and the Pussy cat by Laura Robertson

To celebrate some of the local artist's work Room 212 is host to a "Day of the Dead" display and I'm very happy to have been able to contribute. I made skull bunting following KirstenKrazyKnit's pattern and adding a line of black single crochet all around. I wish I had time to make more before halloween as Sarah has had lots of enquiries about buying it!



Room 212 is also hosting a carved pumpkin display on 30th October, so if you are nearby, do bring along a carved pumpkin and come and join in. I'll be instagraming some pictures on the night.


I can't wait to see what Sarah comes up with next as Room 212 will be an information point for the North Bristol Arts Trail as well as hosting a couple of artist's work. The trail runs on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th November.


6 comments:

  1. Love Day of the Dead this is so up my street. Your bunting is gorgeous! Must pop over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Sarah has some great stuff in. I think I might need to get the Frida Kahlo skull earrings

      Delete
  2. This sounds fab! And I LOVE your bunting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I literally couldn't have done it without you seeing as you taught me to crochet!

      Delete
  3. This sounds great. Your bunting is wonderful, and yes I do think that you can now claim to be a local artist.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...