Saturday, 11 May 2013

A Beloved Toy is Immortalised in Watercolour

My daughter adores Lavender Lamb, she can't sleep without him and likes to sniff his head whilst watching Cbeebies (that last bit is a little odd). She was given him by some of my husband's old uni friends when she was only a few weeks old, I don't remember him being a favourite at first, but he features my film of her first few steps and has been her constant companion since then.

A few weeks ago I discovered Kathryn, the artist at Little Red Boots and after a quick visit to her website I knew who her next subject would be. 

A couple of emails, some photos sent and Lavender Lamb's portrait was on its way. Here he is posing with his own portrait.

He looks rather pleased with his picture!
I nearly cried when I unwrapped the picture - Kathryn has captured his personality perfectly, she's even managed to make him look a little cleaner! My daughter's reaction was along the lines of when she discovered we'd secretly assembled a trampoline in the garden  (a tad over-excited).

Does your child have that one special toy?

Disclaimer: I didn't receive anything for this review - just the happiest a customer could be!


8 comments:

  1. That really is a great idea. Both of my kids have very 'humanised' favourite toys. Everyone in our family and friends know the animals' names! They'd make great presents - better get snapping soon as they're both falling to bits! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do it quickly! I remember my brother's favourite toy as a child ended up as this odd bald monkey with no ears because he'd been loved too much!

      Delete
  2. Oh that is so cute! What a great idea, and such a good likeness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope its something she'll always treasure

      Delete
  3. Brilliant! My daughter's Mrs Giraffe is falling apart so that would be great and I' sure my son's Mr Cat wouldn't be against it either...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats the great thing about toys - they are very willing participants!

      Delete
  4. helloitsgemma12 May 2013 19:47

    oh this is lovely, it's funny how of the all the cuddly toys they amass they gravitate to one and it becomes the one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son flits between toys, but my daughter has this one favourite

      Delete

Comments make my day..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...