Friday, 12 April 2013

The Yeo Valley Cookbook Launch

I've found my dream job. Scratch that, I've no idea about the job; I've found my dream lunch break.

A large, airy, stylishly designed restaurant set high in the Mendips with a picturesque view of Blagdon Lake. This is where the staff of Yeo Valley spend their lunches AND they get astonishing food, if the taster I got last week is anything to go by. Is there any chance they've got a job going which involves eight hours of lunch a day?

I, and fellow bloggers Christine from Thinly Spread, Jo from Slummy Single Mummy, Ella of Purple Mum and Kathie of Hungry Sauce were invited along to celebrate the launch of Yeo Valley's first cookbook; The Great British Farmhouse Cookbook, written by chef and daughter of the farm's founder, Sarah Mayor.

We started the evening with a "champagne high tea" (an idea that should catch on) sampling all the delicious cake recipes from the book. First on my list to try at home will be the raspberry, lemon and yogurt tea loaf (pg44) closely followed by, erm, all the other cakes.

After we had drunk our fill of tea (one sip tea, one sip champagne) the savoury dishes appeared. The outstanding dish here you could guess from the content of my twitter timeline for the next 24 hours - scotch eggs, scotch eggs and more scotch eggs. I adore scotch eggs, or at least I thought what I was eating were scotch eggs; I now know that the supermarket version is a tasteless imitation of the real thing. Fortunately the recipe is in the book (pg112) - now I just have to brave the deep fat fryer.

I shall be trying out recipes for myself in the next few weeks, but in the meantime gawp at these photos in disbelief that this is just a staff canteen!






Disclaimer: I was invited to Yeo Valley's HQ for an evening of drinks and food and received a copy of the cookbook to try out for myself.



4 comments:

  1. Ah yes, there were many lovely views weren't there? Not referring to anyone, sorry - anything, in particular :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely views, both outside and inside!

      Delete
  2. Oh swoon, there's Jaime! ;-)

    I'm very jealous that you went and I couldn't make it; I had an amazing time in Yeo Valley last year to view their gardens. Hopefully we'll be able to attend something later in the season. Looking forward to trying out their cookbook too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame you missed a lovely evening, for the food and views (inside and out) we lovely!

      Delete

Comments make my day..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...