Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Pinterest Challenge - Tablet Cover

I often see pretty covers for iPads and the like when wasting huge amounts of time perusing Pinterest, but I've never had need to make one because I didn't own a tablet - until now. Mr K suddenly announced the other day that he was going to be getting me a Nexus 7 Android tablet (mainly so I didn't keep nicking his work iPad). He bought it along with a jelly case cover that protects the edges, but if I want to put it in a bag I was going to run the risk of scratching the screen. So I got the sewing machine out.

I followed the tutorial on Luvinthemommyhood, adapting it slightly. As the Nexus is half the size of an iPad I thought the faux envelope flap design on the tutorial was too much detail for mine. Mr K was also worried that the button could damage the screen if it was bumped too hard, so before sewing all the layers together I added velcro strips.


I've had this owl fabric in my stash for a couple of years, just waiting for an excuse to use it. It comes from a collection called "What a Hoot". It also helps me claim the tablet as mine as I can't really see Mr K walking around with this girly case.


I'm linking this up to the PinAddicts page. For more challenges click the button below

Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. Very cute, I love it. Congrats on the new tablet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, very pleased with both!

      Delete
  2. This is fab! Loving the fabric too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it cute - I've got some left - need to think of another project

      Delete
  3. It looks STUNNING! Absolutely love the fabric :) Thanks for entering the PinAddicts challenge too! Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stop entering! I love it!

      Delete
  4. Ooooh! I love the owl print! I think I need over come my fear of my sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A small project like this is great to overcome your fear. If it all goes a bit wrong you only have a little bit to unpick - plus it doesn't have to fit a person so you aren't going to discover its all wrong at the end

      Delete

Comments make my day..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...